maandag 19 februari 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (26)

For the newest Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, I designed a card with the Hang In There stamp set. Challenge # 23 is called “Try a new technique”. I decided to do some no-line watercoloring. A technique I did try before, but is still fairly new to me.


I started by die cutting all the elements. I die cut grass with the Grassy Borders die and the Meadow Borders die. I also die cut a hill with the Simple Stitched Hillsides Borders. I wanted to use my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers on all the elements. Here are the colors I used for the scene elements:
Grassy hill: 044 – Deep Green
Hill: 041 – Light Green
Grass border: 045 – Pale Green
Sky: 036 – Light Blue/ 031 – Cobalt Blue
Flowers: 081 – Light Violet


I stamped all the images in Antique Linen Distress Ink, a very light ink that blends with water and will fade while watercoloring. Here are the Zig Markers I used for all the images:
Sloth: 072 – Beige/ 060 – Brown/ 071 – Flesh Color
Birds: 042 – Turquoise Green/ 020 – Red/ 052 – Bright Yellow
Balloons + party hats: 052 – Bright Yellow/ 042 – Turquoise Green/ 081 – Light Violet


I fussy cut the images and assembled the card. I stamped the sentiment, added some clouds to the scene (from Simple Puffy Clouds) and added some white dots and lines to some of the images. I also took a black gel pen to make the eyes, mouth, feet and balloon strings pop more.


Please check out the Lawn Fawnatics Blog for this challenge, to be inspired by me and my fellow Design Team Members. Or participate yourself!


Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten