donderdag 23 november 2017

MAY YOUR DAYS BE BEARY & BRIGHT (2)

I’ve been seeing a lot of these spotlight cards lately. This is a technique were you ‘spotlight’ a part of your card panel, by raising it up. But it still flows with the background. I used the Beary Happy Holidays stamp set from Lawn Fawn for this card.


I took a piece of watercolor cardstock and die cut a square from it, with the Outside In Stitched Square Stackables. When it’s die cut, I taped the two pieces together on the back with some low tack tape. This way the little square will stay in place.

I die cut a hill with the Stitched Hillside Borders and used the negative space as a mask/ stencil. I blended Thumbled Glass Ink onto the paper. Towards the top, I used Fossilized Amber.


I stamped the images from Beary Happy Holidays and I used the tree images from happy Trails. I colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Bear: 090 – Grey/ 091 – Light Grey
Scarf + hearts: 022 – Carmine Red
Skates: 050 – Yellow/ 052 – Bright Yellow


I fussy cut the images. I assembled the card. I die cut another three squares and put them inside the die cut square on the panel. This way it’s stacked well, without using foam tape.

I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Guava cardstock and heat embossed it with the white embossing powder from Ranger. I trimmed it to a thin strip and added it to my card, that I adhered to a Guava cardbase. I added some white Nuvo drops, to look like snow, onto the sky.


I really enjoy these spotlight cards, so I think I will be making more in the future.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten