donderdag 12 oktober 2017

HAPPY HOWL-O-WEEN (1)

For this Halloween card, I used several Lawn Fawn stamp sets: Happy Howloween, Happy Harvest and Costume Party.


For the sky, I wanted to do something different than blending or colored cardstock. I choose to watercolor with Distress Inks. I took some watercolor cardstock and wetted the paper with a brush. I then started adding Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. I dried it with my heat tool a couple of times and added some more Chipped Sapphire, untill I had the color and texture I wanted.


I die cut a hill, using the Stitched Hillside Borders from Lawn Fawn. I blended Black Soot Distress Ink onto it, to color it completely black. I heat embossed the sentiment onto it, with white embossing powder from Ranger.


When the watercolored bakcground was dry, I stamped the cornstalk in black ink. I also stamped all the images and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Pumpkins: YR04 - R14/ BG93 - BG96
Dog: E57 - E29
Moon: Y15 - Y17
Birds: W5 - W7/ Y17


I fussy cut all the images and assembled the card. I matted the panel onto a piece of Knock On Wood cardstock, to not make it appear so dark. Then I added tge panel onto a Blue Jay cardbase.

I'm definitely going to send out some Halloween cards this year, because the ones I've been creating are to good to pass up on.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten