donderdag 20 juli 2017

CARD SET: SEASIDE SEAGULLS (1)

I decided to make three cards with one set again. This time I choose the Seaside Seagulls stamp set from My Favorite Things.


For the first card (bottom left card) I started by using the Cloud stencil from MFT. I didn't create clouds, I made waves with them. I used four different Distress Ink colors. From top to bottom I used: Thumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon and Chipped Sapphire. Above the waves, I wanted to create rays of sunlight. I used the Radiating Rays stencil from MFT and applied Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink onto the paper.

I colored te seagulls (I used the same colors on all cards) and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Seagulls: C0 - C2
Beaks: Y15 - Y17
Pole: E57 - E29

I fussy cut the images. I wanted to create some wave slots, to put the seagulls in. I used the Ocean Wave Accents from Lawn Fawn. I added the seagulls onto the card. I heat embossed the sentiment with White embossing powder from Ranger, onto a piece of Blue Jay cardstock. I adhered the panel onto a Mermaid cardbase.


For card two (bottom right card) is used the Herringbone Brick stencil from MFT. I applied Thumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Ink onto the paper. I then die cut three squares, with the Ouside In Stitched Square Stackables from Lawn Fawn. For the background, the part you can see through the squares, I applied Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink to the paper.

I colored the seagulls and fussy cut them. I added everything together and heat embossed the sentiment. I added the panel onto a Blue Jay cardbase.


For the final card (top card) I kept it really simple. I took a piece of watercolor cardstock and die cut a square with the Outside In Stitched Square Stackables. For the inside part, I took the Cloud stencil again and applied two Distress Inks onto it. I used Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire, again to make waves. I left the sky white. For the outside part, I only used Squeezed Lemonade and made it darker on the bottom and lighter towards the top.

I die cut another wave, with the Ocean Wave Accents. I colored the image and fussy cut it. I assembled the card and added the heat embossed sentiment. I added the panel onto a Blue Jay cardbase. And done are all three my cards.


I made three very different cards, but kept the same color pallette and theme. I'm so in love with these stamps, really easy to create pretty cards with.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten