woensdag 26 juli 2017

BEST WISHES (2)

For this birthday card, I used the Mermaid For You stamp set from Lawn Fawn. I also entered this card into the new Lawn Fawnatics Challenge where we got a color inspiration board to work with.


I started by die cutting a square from a piece of white cardstock. This is going to function as a window on my panel. Behind this window I wanted a sky and ocean to appear. I die cut two hills to look like waves, with the Stitched Hillside Borders. I applied Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink onto both of the waves. For the sky I used Thumbled Glass. I wanted to add clouds to the sky, so I embossed this piece of paper with the Stitched Cloudy Backdrop: Landscape.

I stamped one of the mermaids and the rock. I colored the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Hair: Y15 - Y17 - Y38
Skin: E00 - E11
Top: G14 - G05 - G17
Tail: R22 - R35
Rock: C3 - C5


For the sentiment, I used a stamps from the Whale Wishes set by Mama Elephant. I just love these big greetings. I stamped the greeting in two Lawn Fawn inks: Sunflower Ink and Wild Rose Ink.

I assembled the card and added it to a Mermaid cardbase. I rounded off the bottom right corner as a finishing touch.


I was done with this card within 15 minutes or so. Clean and simple.

Please make sure you check the challenge!


Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Beautiful card design, Joyce! I love that it's clean and simple but with lots of great detail! I'm so happy you joined the color challenge fun at Lawn Fawnatics!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen