donderdag 25 mei 2017

IT'S A SPECIAL DAY (1)

Sometimes you get a brilliant idea, for no reason. Well, that’s what happened with this card. It just came to me and I love the result. I made this birthday card with the Wild For You stamp set from Lawn Fawn.


I took some Blue Jay cardstock and created a cardbase. I took the Starry Sky Vertical stencil from My Favorite Things and put it on top of the front of the cardbase. I taped the stencil down with washi tape. I wanted to use Shimmer Paste from Nuvo, to make sparkly stars. I used the color Silver Gem.

Tip: clean off the shimmer paste immediately after using it, because it dries very quick and it’s a big mess.

I set the cardbase aside and went over to my images. I stamped the mouse and the small elephant and colored them with Copic Markers. Really simple coloring. Here are the colors I used:
Mouse: W0 – W2
Elephant: W0 – W2 – W5


I fussy cut the images. I die cut a moon, with the Sun and Moon dies, from Sunflower cardstock. I also die cut two cloud borders, with the Puffy Cloud Borders.

I wanted a banner for the sentiment. The banner is from Bannertastic. The inside of the banner was stamped with Ballet Slippers Ink and Bubblegum Ink. I also added a star to the banner on each side of the sentiment. The sentiment and the star are both from the Out of This World stamp set. I fussy cut the banner and started assembling the card.


As a finishing touch, I added some glitter to the moon, with the Clear Sparkle Pen from Spectrum Noir. I also rounded off both bottom corners.

Sparkly!!! This card can be used for any special day, whether it’s a birthday, graduation, promotion, first communion.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten