vrijdag 31 maart 2017

CHIRPY CHIRP CHIRP, TRANSLATION: HAPPY EASTER! (4)

For this Easter card I used the Chirpy Chirp Chirp stamp set from Lawn Fawn and also one die from the Happy Hatchling die set. I combined watercoloring and Copic Coloring as well.


I started on my background. I took three Distress Ink colors and used them as watercolors. I used Cracked Pistacho, Worn Lipstick and Wild Honey. I took a thin brush and made strokes from left to right, creating a pattern. I didn’t want straight lines, I wanted them a bit messy and squiggly. I set the background aside to dry.

I die cut the striped egg from the Happy Hatchling set from Watercolor Wishes paper. I used two colors and assembled the egg.


I stamped two of the chicks, each holding a brush, and I stamped the paint bucket twice. I colored the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Chicks: Y02 – Y11
Beaks + feet: YR16
Brushes: W5 – W7/ G02


I fussy cut the images and went over to my sentiment. I stamped the sentiment in two Lawn Fawn Inks: Carrot Ink and Minty Fresh Ink. I then embossed some crossed stitched details into the paper, with the Stitched Border dies from Lawn Fawn. I trimmed the strip.

I assembled the card and added the panel to a peach colored cardbase. I also rounded off the two bottom corners.

I love Easter and its pastel colors!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten