zondag 26 februari 2017

HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY IS OUT OF THIS WORLD (1)

The Out of This World stamp set if from the Spring 2017 release by Lawn Fawn. I love this set. I created this birthday card with it.


I have wanted to try and make a galaxy background for a while, but I never had a good stamp set to use it with. This cute astronauts and all the planets are perfect for it. I took a piece of watercolor cardstock and used Distress Inks. I started with Carved Pumpkin, Peacock Feathers and Wilted Violet. I just randomly blended them onto the paper, it doesn’t have to look even or pretty. After this, I added Soot Distress Ink overtop of the colors. It mutes the bright colors, but they still shine through. When this was done, I took white acrylic paint and added splatters to the blended background. This is what makes it look like a galaxy. I set it aside to dry.


I stamped the astronaut and some of the planets. I colored all the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Astronaut’s face: E00 – E11
Astronaut’s hair: E57 – E29
Space suit: C0 – C2/ R46 – R59/ C5
Planets: B02 – BV05/ G14 – G05/ YR15 – YR68/ B93 – B95


I fussy cut the images and adhered them to the galaxy background with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment onto white cardstock. I used Lobster Ink and Hippo Ink, both from Lawn Fawn. I cut the paper into a strip and made flag ends.

I adhered the panel onto a grey cardbase. Creating galaxy background is so easy and it looks awesome. I want to try and make it with watercolors next time.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten