dinsdag 21 februari 2017

HIPPO BIRDIE TO YOU (2)

I wanted to make a shaker card with the Year Four stamp from Lawn Fawn.


I started by die cutting a frame for my shaker window. I used the Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX from My Favorite Things. I die cut this from some yellow cardstock. I added acetate to the back of it. I die cut a smaller rectangle from green cardstock and later die cut it with the Grassy Border from Lawn Fawn. I adhered it on the front of the frame, to the acetate.

For the background/ inside of the shaker, I took a piece of watercolor cardstock. I blended Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink onto it, with a mini ink blending tool.


I stamped the hippo, the bird on top of the hippo, the balloon and I also gave both critters a party hat. Because I don’t have the coordinating dies, I decided to stamp them together. It’s easier to cut that way. I color the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Hippo: W0 – W2
Bird: YR00 – YR02/ YR68
Balloon: G17 – YR04


I fussy cut the images and adhered it to the front of the frame. I stamped the sentiment on the bottom of the frame and added some clouds, that I die cut using the Simple Puffy Clouds from Lawn Fawn.

I added a double layer of foam tape to the back of the frame and added my sequins. I adhered the frame to the background and the cardbase.

This shaker card turned out exactly the way I hoped.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten