zondag 26 februari 2017

CHIRPY CHIRP CHIRP, TRANSLATION: HAPPY EASTER! (3)

For this Easter/ Spring themed card, I wanted to try some no-line coloring again. I used the Chirpy Chirp Chirp stamp set from Lawn Fawn.


I stamped the three chicks and I used the egg, six times. I stamped it in Antique Linen Distress Ink. It’s a very light, waterbased ink, so when I colored the images, it looks like I drew them myself.

I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers for the images. Here are the colors I used:
Chicks: 050 - Yellow/ 070 – Orange
Eggs: 026 – Light Pink/ 031 – Cobalt Blue/ 052 – Bright Yellow/ 080 – Violet
For the eyes of the chicks, I used a black gel pen, to make them pop.


For the background I used Salty Ocean Distress Ink and blended the color on with my blending tool. I used a very light hand and let the color fade into white towards the top. I then die cut two grass borders, with the Meadow Border dies from Lawn Fawn. I also die cut the flowers and the butterly. I colored all these elements with the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers as well. Here are the colors I used:
Grass: 045 – Pale Green
Flowers: 025 – Pink
Buttergly: Light Violet


I fussy cut the images and assembled the scene. Besides the front grassy border and the butterfly, everything is adhered flat. I added the dotted line to the butterfly with Manatee Ink. The sentiment I stamped in Fresh Lavender Ink and Manatee Ink. All the inks are from Lawn Fawn.

I adhered the panel to a pink cardbase. I really love the soft look of this and will try the no-line coloring more often. It’s not hard, but it’s time consuming though.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten