dinsdag 3 januari 2017

HIPPO BIRDIE TO YOU (1)

I’ve had this mini stamp set for a while, but never had a good idea for it. This morning it just came to me. I used the Year Four mini stamp set from Lawn Fawn.


I decided to start on the background, because I wanted to use Distress Inks as watercolors. I used three colors: Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio and Candied Apple. I used a lot of water, so the colors aren’t as bright as when you use an ink blending tool.

I set the background aside to let it dry. I die cut a circle with the Double Stitched Circle STAX from My Favorite Things. I stamped the hippo onto it, the little bird on top, I added the party hat and the balloon. I also stamped the music notes a couple of times. I then colored the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Hippo: W2 – W5
Bird: B00 – BG01
Beak: Y38
Party hat: R14 – R17
Balloon: YG41 – BG34


I also added some shadoy underneath the hippo, with a W0 and a W2 Copic Marker.

I added the circle onto a scalloped piece of vellum, that I die cut with the Scalloped Circle Stackables from Lawn Fawn. The entire piece I adhered with foam tape onto the watercolored background.


I stamped the sentiment and added the panel to a peach colored cardbase.

I’m really happy with this card, especially the colors I picked.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten