dinsdag 18 oktober 2016

YETI IT'S COLD OUTSIDE (1)

I used the Yeti, Set, Go stamp set from Lawn Fawn for this night sky Christmas themed card.


I started on the background, so it could properly dry. I first used my blending tool and some Distress Inks to create a night sky. I used Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot. I wanted to add stars to the sky. I took the Starry Sky stencil from My Favorite Things. I used Texture Paste from Ranger and mixed it with Mustard Seed Distress Ink to give the paste a yellow color. I applied the texture paste onto the sky with a pallet knife. When it was evenly spread, I removed the stencil and set the background aside to dry.


I die cut two snow hills from white cardstock, with the Stitched Hillside Borders from Lawn Fawn. I stamped the images. I used the Yeti and the earmuffs. I also used the pine trees from Toboggan Together and stamped them in Pine Needles Ink and Freshly Cut Grass Ink from Lawn Fawn. The images I colored with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Yeti: C0 – C2 – C5/ E00 – E21/ W7/ R59
Earmuffs: R29 – R59


I die cut the images with my Cuttlebug. I stamped the sentiment in Fish Tank Ink from Lawn Fawn. I assembled the scene. I adhered the front hill, the top of the yeti and the earmuffs with foam tape. The rest flat. I thought it was still missing something, so I stamped some footsteps in the snow, in Manatee Ink from Lawn Fawn. The stamp is from Joy to the Woods from Lawn Fawn.

I adhered the scene to a deep red cardbase. And done it is!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten