woensdag 13 juli 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (8)

I wanted to use Distress Inks as watercolors for today’s card. I used the Year Two mini stamp set from Lawn to make a birthday card.


I started on the background. I took some watercolor cardstock and I got two Distress Ink colors: Mowed Lawn and Mustard Seed. I took a flat paint brush with a round edge. I made light stripes from one side to the other, changing colors every time. This is a very simple way to create a fun, playful and colorful background.

I set the background aside to dry and started on my images. I stamped the turtle, party hat and gift. I colored the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Turtle: BG93 – BG96 – G21
Turtle shell:YG03 – G14 – G28
Present + party hat: Y08 – Y38 – YR04


I fussy cut all the images. Then I die cut a circle, with the Double Stitched Circle STAX from My Favorite Things. One I die cut from the same watercolor paper as I used for the background, and a bigger circle I die cut from vellum. I adhered the circles together and eventually I adhered it to the background using foam tape. The images I also adhered with foam tape.

I stamped the sentiment onto black cardstock with Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder from Wow. I cut a strip and made it into a flag banner. I adhered it to the card, the edges with foam tape.


As a finishing touch I added some glitter to the party hat and the gift, with the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen. I also rounded off the bottom to corners and added the panel onto a green cardbase.

Super simple, yet super fun!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten