woensdag 1 juni 2016

YOU FLAMIN-GO GIRL (1)

I made a cool card using the Flamingo Together stamps set from Lawn Fawn.


I started by thinking of a scene. I first wanted to create a panel, to adhere my scene onto. I stamped the feather from the Dream stamp set from Lawn Fawn, in Versamark Ink. I heat embossed it with Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder from Wow. I then gave it some color with some Distress Ink and my mini ink blending tool. I used Worn Lipstick, a darker pink color. I rounded off the four corners with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper and set the panel aside.

I die cut a circle from Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock. This is going to be the sun. I blended Wild Honey and Mustard Seed Distress Ink, to give it a bright sunny color. I also die cut an island, from Kraft cardstock. Both the sun and the island were die cut with the Double Stitched Circle STAX from My Favorite Things. I also wanted some waves, but I don’t have any ocean wave dies. I used the Puffy Cloud Borders and just turned it upside down. I used Peacock Feathers Distress Ink to give it an ocean color. For the sky I blended Salty Ocean Distress Ink. I used the mini mister to create a distressed look. When every element from the island scene was done, I stamped the sentiment onto the island.


I stamped the girl flamingo onto some white cardstock and colored her with Copic Markers. The palm trees I stamped with Lawn Fawn Inks. Here are the colors I used:
Flamingo: RV10 – RV21 – RV23
Beak: W5 – W7
Leaves: Noble Fir
Tree trunks: Doe


I fussy cut the flamingo and the trees and I was ready to assemble the card. I adhered everything flat to the blue background, instead of the flamingo and the two bigger palm trees. The panel was adhered to the pink background with the embossed feathers, that I made earlier. I did this with foam tape.

I made this card for a graduation.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten