dinsdag 7 juni 2016

IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, CONGRATS (1)

Today I made a card using the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers for the first time. I used the Summertime Charm stamp set from Lawn Fawn.


I started by stamping the strawberry and lemon wedge images onto some Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock. I stamped the images with Versafine Onyx Black ink, because it’s perfect for watercoloring. I then went over to coloring the images. Like I said before, I colored everything with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Strawberry: 022 – 041
Lemon wedge: 050

I added some color onto the image, where I wanted it to be darkest. Then I pulled the color out with a wet paint brush. This way it goes from darkest to lightest. And I love the vibrant colors!


After I watercolored the images, I went ahead and die cut my sentiment. I used the Congrats die from Lawn Fawn. I die cut it three times, with my Cuttlebug, and adhered them together to create dimension. I added the sentiment to some vellum, that die cut with the My Favorite Things Double Stitched Circle STAX. I also stamped “It’s Your Birthday” above the die cut word.


I adhered the vellum circle with the sentiment onto the panel. The panel I adhered to a black cardbase, that I cut slight bigger than the panel itself. I added some Wink of Stella clear glitter to the word Congrats and some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. As a finishing touch I rounded off the top right corner with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

I’m definitely going to use those Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers a lot, because I love them!

I entered this card into the Lawnscaping Challenge, where the theme was to add at least one element that was on an angle. Well, those fruits are all on different angles, so I think I hit the brief.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten