zaterdag 23 april 2016

THANK YOU FOR BEING MY MAMA BEAR (1)

I wanted the Bear Hugs stamp set from Mama Elephant from a while and I finally found it. I got it second hand from a woman who ended her crafting hobby. Luckily for me I got it for a fair prize, right before mother’s day. Because I wanted to create a mother’s day card with it.


I decided to try something new. I did some no line watercoloring. I stamped one of the images with Antique Linen Distress Ink. A very light Distress Ink, that will fade when I start watercoloring the images. I used Distress Inks to watercolor everything. I used Walnut Stain for the mama bear and Antique Linen for the nose and ears. For the little bear I used Vintage Photo and also Antique Linen for the nose and ears. I created grass with Mowed Lawn and the sky with Peaock Feathers. I’m really happy with the look of this no line watercoloring, especially for my first try.


To add more interest, I die cut the top part of the panel with the Puffy Cloud Borders from Lawn Fawn. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.


I adhered the panel to some kraft cardstock with foam tape and the entire panel was adhered flat to a dark brown cardbase. I rounded off the top corners with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

Although I prefer coloring with Copic Markers, I really do want to try this watercoloring technique more often.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten