donderdag 21 april 2016

MONSTER WISHES (1)

I was asked to make two birthday cards for boys. The first one I made was with the Avery Elle stamp set Monsters. I haven’t used it as much as I would like, but I thought this was the perfect occasion.


I started by stamping all the four monsters on some white cardstock. I had to mask the two monsters on the outside off, so I could stamp the hairy monster behind them. I also stamped the balloon three times.

I wanted to give it a boyish look by only using blue tones. I added some purples and blue greens as well, to make it a bit more interesting. I used my Copic Markers to color the images. Here are the colors I used:
Hairy monster: BV02 – BV13 – BV17
Monster on the right: B05 – B28 – B18/ V04 – V06 – V12
Monster on the left: BV000 – BV02 – BV13/ BG13 – BG23 – BG49
Flying monster: V04 – V06 – V12/ BG000 – BG01 – BV05
Balloons: B05 – B18 – B28/ BG13 – BG23 – BG49/ BG000 – BG01 – BV05
Ground: E00 – E11 – E21 – E35


I’m really happy with the coloring. I added some white stripes to the balloons, white dots to the ground and white to the monster’s eyes, with a white gel pen. I stamped the sentiment with Fish Tank Ink from Lawn Fawn.


I rounded off all the four corners with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper and added the panel to some pattern paper. For this I used the Shimelle (True Stories) 6x6 paper pad by American Crafts. I rounded off those four corners as well and added the entire panel to a blue cardbase. I added some Wink of Stella clear glitter to the balloons.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten