maandag 7 maart 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (4)

One of my best friends has a thing with turtles. I really needed a turtle stamp, so I could make fun cards for her. I found the Year Two mini stamp set from Lawn Fawn and I made a birthday card with it. Her birthday is in March.
 
 
I started by stamping the turtle, the party hat and the present. The present I stamped six times, because I wanted to stack them. I colored all the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Turtle: G05 – G14/ G21 – BG93 – BG96
Party hat: RV10 – RV21 – RV23
Presents: RV10 – RV21 – RV23/ Y02 – Y17 – Y21/ BV000 – BV02 – BV13
 
 
For the background I blended three Distress Ink colors, using the Circle Burst stencil from My Favorite Things. I used Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar and Shaded Lilac. I only used a quarter of the stencil, because I wanted it to come from one corner.
 
 
I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black Ink. Then I adhered the turtle with foam tape. I added the presents to the card as well, also with foam tape, making it look like the turtle is carrying a big stack of presents.
 
 
To finish it off,I added some clear glitter with my Wink of Stella pen to the presents and the party hat. I also rounded off the bottom right corner with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

I’m really happy with the color combination and I love the result of this card. I know my friend will love this card.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten