vrijdag 27 november 2015

WARM HOLIDAY WISHES (1)

I fell in love with this cute mini stamp set from Avery Elle. It’s the Penguin Greetings set and it was really inexpensive. It has several little penguins and greetings. I decided to use the entire family!
 
 
I started with stamping the penguins. I used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, because it’s a Copic friendly ink. I laid them down first, so I knew where to stamp them. I made little pencil lines as a guide for myself. I started with the two penguins on the outside, masked them off with some post its and stamped the penguin that is second from the right and second from the left. I masked them off as well and stamped the middle one. I took the post its off.

Because I wanted to use some Distress Inks for the background, I decided to use masking fluid to mask off the penguins. When the fluid dried I started blending the background with my ink blending tool. For the top I used Evergreen Bough and for the bottom Weathered Wood. I started from the middle, with a very light hand and worked my way to the top. I let the colors fade out to white. I drew some shadows around the penguin’s feet with a W5 and W2 Copic Marker

After I blended the background, I rubbed off the masking fluid so I could start coloring the penguins with my Copic Markers.
 
 
Here are the colors I used:
Penguins: W0 – W2 – W5
Beaks + feet: YR15
Sweaters + earmuffs: R22 – R35 – R46
Hat + scarf: YG03 – G05 – G14

I also added some Clear Glitter with my Wink of Stella Brush Pen to the sweaters, earmuffs, hat and scarf. Last, but not least, I stamped the sentiment to the bottom of the card with Versafiny Onyx Black Ink.

I adhered the panel to a red card base with some foam tape and my Christmas card is done. I just love this fun penguin family and I will be making more cards with these cute stamps. It’s a really cool set, for little money.
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten