woensdag 11 november 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS (1)

I wanted to create another card with the Winter Owl set from Lawn Fawn. When I finished the first, I decided to make another three, because they were very easy and quick to make.
 
 
I first used some Distress Inks for the backgrounds. Here are the inks I used:
Blue card: Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire
Orange/ Yellow card: Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade
Green card: Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles
Red card: Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany
 
 
I started blending from the middle and worked my way to the edges. First with the lighter color, then very lightly with the darker color. I barely put any color on the Ink Blending Tool while using the darker color. After I applied the Distress Ink I got a paint brush and dipped it into water. I than tapped it on my finger so that water drops would fall on the card. I waited 10 seconds and then dapped the drops off with a paper towel. I always love using this technique, it has such a cool effect.

I put the background over to the side, so it could properly dry. I stamped the owl a couple of times with some Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored it with Copic Markers.

Here are the colors I used:
Owl: E71 – E77/ E00 – E31
Beak: Y17
Blue scarf: BG000 – BG01 – BG17 – BG23
Orange/ Yellow scarf: Y08 – YR07 – YR15
Green scarf: YG03 – G05 – G14
Red scarf: R22 – R35 – R46
 
I die cut all the owl with my Cuttlebug and started stamping my sentiment on some craft cardstock. I used the word Christmas from the Winter Owl stamp set and assembled the letters for the word merry from another set. It doesn’t have a brand. I then added the heart border from the Winter Owl set. I stamped it all in Versafine Onyx Black Ink and sprinkled it with some Silver Clear Highlights Embossing Powder from Wow. I then heat embossed it so it has some sparkle.
 
 
I adhered the background to some craft cardstock with foam tape. The sentiment and owl were also adhered with foam tape. I then taped everything to a white card. I added some enamel dots to the cards, different ones for each card. Last I put some glossy accents on the beaks of each owl.

Mass production, yet another four Christmas cards were made!
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten