donderdag 19 november 2015

HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY IS UNFORGETTABLE (1)

Since I started my blog, I only shared cards with you using Lawn Fawn stamps. Well, it is my favorite company, but I just got this amazing stamp set from Mama Elephant. The “Ella & Friends” set is just simply adorable and I couldn’t wait to make a card with it. And my first card turned out great!
 
 
So, I decided to use my Tim Holtz Distress Ink a little different again. I used the smooshing technique. This is a technique where you put some Distress Ink on a piece of acetate or laminated sheet and spray it with a bit of water. Then you take the acetate and smoosh it on to your cardstock (Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock). I used four different Distress Ink colors: Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed. You still don’t have a lot of control over the watercolor, but more than when using them on wet paper and apply it with a paint brush. You could dry it with a heat tool after applying a color, but I didn’t do that this time. This made sure the colors blended well and there are no harsh lines. I think it turned out nice, especially the little splatters in the top left and bottom right. It was unintentional, but looks fantastic. I probably couldn’t do that a second time, haha!

I then went ahead and stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored the images with Copic Markers. I choose to use the elephant, little bunny and the bubbles and kept the coloring fairly simple.

Here are the colors I used:
Elephant: W0 – W2 – W5
Bunny: W0 – W2
Bubbles: BG000
 
 
After the background was completely dry, I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I just love this greeting! I placed the stamped images on to the card and adhered them with some foam tape. I taped the panel to a white card base and added some Ranger glossy accents to the bubbles. This way it looks like they are actually bubbles.
 
 
It’s a pretty simple card which looks harder to make then it actually is. It’s fun and I will definitely make more of these cards to send to friends and family.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten